5 Reasons Why Blinkist Can Be a Great Productivity HackPosted by You Fei Chan
You’ve probably heard before a human attention span can be quite limited, especially nowadays where everyone are expected to multi-task. With so much to do in the day, time can feel fleeting.
Throw in the numerous distractions brought about by technology in a hyperconnected era of buzzing app notifications and WhatsApp messages and things can just feel overwhelming.
Being kept up-to-date can be a good thing, but get distracted often enough and you might not just be compromising on your productivity in the long run. Even worse, your mental and personal development might suffer.
Named one of Europe's Hottest Start-Ups In 2016 by Wired, this free app is aimed at distilling key insights of bestselling nonfiction books into 15-minute reads.
If you’re used to listening to audiobooks, you may be quite familiar with the concept of having mind-blowing texts read to you. With Blinkist, however, you get a simple way to learn something new every day. The app is available on Android and iOS, making it a super convenient alternative (especially for busy professionals, business owners or people trying to live their lives while improving themselves at the same time).
So, if you’re looking at getting more out of the day through learning a thing or two on your commute, here are a few reasons why you might want to consider a subscription to this innovative app.
- Read More About: Top 5 Platforms That Offers E-Books
Why Blinkist Can Be a Great Productivity Hack
1. Consume More Knowledge with Cost Efficiency
The essence of Blinkist revolves around a user’s shortage of time. With a selection of informative books (including business and self-development books), the service is involved with summarizing them into short, simple and concise pieces of content for your convenience.
The startup encourages its users to buy more books by reading less. Business titles like "Getting Things Done" and "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" are classics in the self-improvement genre. Users on Blinkist can look forward to being able to benefit from such classics in less time, rapidly getting better, sharper and more competitive.
Think of it as a personal knowledge assistant, helping you make the most of the world’s knowledge, information and content.
2.Stimulate the Brain
Researchers have found that reading consistently can stimulate neural pathways in your brain and help turn you into the person you've always wanted to become. Read more and you may just see more improvement in other aspects of your life, work and business.
It can help keep the degradation of your mental faculties at bay and halt the onset of ailments like Alzheimer’s disease.
A particular study in France proved that reading about action leads to the activation of triggers associated with motor function. Reading is a mental hack, which can strengthen and speed up neural pathways which allow you to be more creative, think more critically or ask better questions and make better decisions. This depends on what you read through.
Blinkist is primarily a reading app (even though the selected books are read to you). Just imagine the power available at the tips of your fingers!
3. Make Use of 'Dead' Time
In a nutshell, 'dead' time refers to moments in your day when you are performing a task that doesn't require much brainpower or focus. Blinkist's audio versions of the digital products featured on the app can help you make good use of such ‘dead' time.
Doing the dishes, waiting for your laundry or simply just sitting around doing nothing?
Offering audio and text summaries of non-fiction books, the app can also be a great tool for recapping on books that you’ve read to not forget the lessons that have been learned. A refresher might be in order.
You might as well learn something new too. Blinkist could be especially relevant if you’re the sort that just can’t seem to sit still and hates wasting time. Audio Blinks are relatively short (about 15 minutes) and are therefore wonderfully suited for those tiny pockets of idle moments in between the main parts of your day.
4. Reduce Stress
Who says reading has to be a chore?
A study conducted by pioneering neuroscientist Dr David Lewis of the University of Sussex has revealed that reading for just 6 minutes is enough to reduce stress levels by approximately 60%.
Blinkist can help you kill two birds with one stone (increase productivity and knowledge while significantly reducing stress levels).
5. Become a Faster Learner
Properly consuming information and knowledge can be considered a skill and therefore, the more you work on it, the better you are probably going to get at it. Spend more time reading and learning and you should expect to get faster at connecting new ideas or concepts and spotting patterns in everyday life.
Look forward to becoming more innovative, more creative and more fulfilled as you gradually make learning a consistent habit.
Because Blinkist extracts key insights from bestselling, nonfiction books and helps make them more accessible, it can be a fantastic tool for hacking productivity. If you decide to jump on the Blinkist bandwagon, you’re not alone.
It appears that there are millions of people who are trying to increase their productivity using it. Why spend 12 hours reading a book when you could spend 12 minutes reading the key insights and skip anything that you don’t need?
Things You Can Look Forward to as a Blinkist User
- Improve your professional skills with content from books specific to your field
- Broaden your horizons with historical and science books
- Master ideas and trends from your field
- Uncover different parts of yourself through self-improvement capabilities and concepts
- Make learning a part of your routine
- Customize your learning experience with your audio playlist
- Find something to read next with titles suggested based on your reading history and interests
- Hands-free learning in the car or while working out at the gym
- Personalized reading recommendations, as well as expert-curated lists
- Get good quality stuff from an editorial team that carefully selects all titles
- A format based on neuroscientific research and brain-based learning
- Bring a sense of connection to the reading process with a human touch
Exclusive App Features
- Find reading lists that have been exclusively curated for Blinkist by thought leaders such as Arianna Huffington
- Key insights from 2,500+ bestselling nonfiction books
- Get complex content simplified by field experts
- Switch between text and audio
- Offline listening and reading
What are The Major Publications Have Said About Blinkist
- "Blinkist offers a terrific service - great ideas distilled down to their very essence. For those of us who are deeply curious about new ideas on success, happiness, innovation, progress and more, it's a great start." - Forbes
- "There is no such thing as too much knowledge. If you would like to expand your horizons, but don't have the time to read, Blinkist is a speedy and convenient way of learning" - TheNextWeb
- "The audio feature is an awesome way to dive into a book while folding laundry or cooking a meal." - BuzzFeed
So, are you ready to get started hacking your productivity with Blinkist?
Here’s How It Works
- Download the Blinkist app and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- By choosing the Blinkist Free plan, you can read one title (selected by Blinkist) every day.
- With monthly and annual plans available, Blinkist Premium costs $19.98 per month (monthly plan) OR $119.98 per year (annual plan).
- You can cancel at any time during your 7-day free trial through the Play Store settings and you will not be charged. What have you got to lose right?
- Take note, however, plans automatically renew unless you turn off auto-renew in your account.
Here’s What You Can Expect From Blinkist Premium
- Unlimited access to 3,000+ titles
- Unlimited access to audio versions of all titles
- Sync highlights with Evernote
- A Send-to-Kindle feature
- Offline listening and reading
- Personalized recommendations from the Blinkist editorial team