Personal finance apps can be helpful when it comes to managing your budget, plan expenses and make informed investment decisions.
But with thousands of personal finance apps available in the app store, choosing the one that is worth downloading is not easy.
To simplify things for you, we have consolidated 7 best personal finance apps.
Best Personal Finance Apps in the United States
1. Best App for Paycheck Management: Earnin
Do you receive a regular paycheck? Do you get your paycheck via direct deposit? Do you work at a fixed location and/or on a timekeeping system? If you answered yes to all three, YOU qualify to use Earnin.
The Earnin app gives you access to the money you've earned today. You don’t have to wait two weeks for your paycheck. You worked today? Get paid today.
Connect your bank, enter employment info, and get access to your earnings!
Choose what portion of your paycheck you want to deposit in your bank account and cash out. When your paycheck arrives via direct deposit, we’ll debit back the amount you cashed out, and voila! Payday, your way.
There are no fees and no interest. Earnin runs entirely on the tips given by the community. Tip what you think is fair to help keep the app going.
2. Best App for Subscriptions Management: Trim
Wanted to cancel an old subscription? Is your cable provider overcharging you? Do you have enough money in your emergency savings fund? Do you have enough money to retire someday? Are you financially healthy?
Trim automates ways to help save your money! It helps users to find, track and cancel paid subscriptions.
- Analyzes Spending - Trim will analyze your accounts to find recurring subscriptions and determine where you can save more money.
- Automate Ways to Save - Trim cancels subscriptions, negotiates your Comcast bill, finds you better car insurance, and more!
- Automate Saving - Grow your money with Trim's Simple Savings. Automated weekly transfers into high-yield savings accounts.
- Say Goodbye to Debt - Get a payoff plan, receive expert advice, and lower your APRs. Trim can help you get out of debt.
3. Best App for Budgeting Advice: Charlie
Hidden fees? Late charges? Overpaying? It can really add up, wiping out your hard-earned money.
Charlie is an AI-driven financial app whose friendly penguin persona delivers actionable advice to help you save money and reach your goals. No app download needed. Just text to get started! Start tracking your spending and reduce your bills.
With Charlie's help, it can keep you from paying late fees, help find ways to save where you can score better deals on the things you need, and start boosting your bank account over time.
4. Best App for Expenses Management: Cleo
Is managing your spending and understanding your finances too complicated and troublesome? Worried about making the right decisions for your financial future?
Cleo is an intelligent chatbot to budget, save and track your money!
- Sign up in under 2mins with Facebook messenger to start chatting
- Get to know your money with personalized updates, graphs, and data-driven insights
- Securely link your accounts via an encrypted login page
- Hit your goals by simply letting Cleo budget and save your spare change every week
5. Best App for Bank and Credit Card Fees: Cushion
No time to negotiate your bank and credit card fees? Use Cushion - they fight for your money and get it back, refunded.
Cushion is focused on safeguarding people’s hard-earned money. They are a consumer-centric technology company that aims to not only rectify financial mistakes but also prevent them from happening again in the future.
They created a Facebook Messenger bot, called Fee Fighter, to dispute those charges on your behalf.
When Fee Fighter is successful, Cushion takes (at most) a 25% cut of the found money. That way users never pay for the service out of pocket.
- Securely connect the credit cards or bank accounts that you use most frequently
- Automatically surfaces any bank fees that it finds and requests your permission to fight them
- Let our bot do the haggling with the bank for you and receive a summary of your refund within 24 hours
6. Best App for Savings: Digit
Digit is a personal finance app that saves money automatically for you. It is an awesome tool for finding extra money in your budget and automatically saving that money every day, so you don't have to think about it.
For a monthly fee of $2.99, you get to enjoy:
- Automated Saving
- Unlimited Goals
- Pay Off a Credit Card
- 1% saving bonus (every 3 months)
- Unlimited Withdraws
- Low Balance Protection
- No Account Minimums
- Overdraft Reimbursement
7. Best App for Home Equity Loan: Figure
Figure is an app that has been featured on Forbes, Bloomberg and American Banker
It transforms home equity by creating a faster, simpler and more transparent way to meet your financial goals. The process is easy, secure, and faster than ever before.
- Borrow up to $150,000 with approval in 5 minutes, funding in 5 days.
- All digital, no-hassle - Figure's application is 100% online. Get approved in 5 minutes and funded in 5 days*
- Keep your low rate - Borrow up to $150,000 with a fixed rate that won't change over time, starting at 4.99% APR*
- No hidden fees - Besides the origination fee, you won't be charged any application, appraisals or maintenance fees.